Enforcement of Texas Court Orders

Obtain Legal Assistance from Our Houston Family Lawyers

Whether a divorce is resolved by agreement or through the court, the parties are expected to comply with those orders, such as child custody, child support, property division, and spousal support. Unfortunately, in many cases, one of the parties fails to adhere to these provisions, making life after divorce difficult for the other party.

At the Law Office of Kathryn Marteeny, we understand what it takes to help you enforce your court order. With more than 30 years of experience, our Houston family law attorney has successfully handled many family law cases on behalf of our clients and we are confident we can do the same for you.

Consequences for Failing to Follow a Court Order

There are a variety of reasons why someone would violate a court order. Nevertheless, you have the right to enforce those orders, since complying with court orders is a requirement and not a choice. The initial step in seeking remedy for enforcement cases is to file for an order for contempt of court. If held in contempt, an individual found in violation of the order can be sentenced to a maximum jail sentence of six months and a fine of up to $500 for each violation occurrence.

Other common consequences for failing to follow a court order include, but not limited to, the following:

  • Wage garnishments
  • Suspension of driver’s license
  • Property or asset seizure
  • Interception of tax refunds and lottery winnings

Let Us Give You the Help You Need Today

Our Houston attorneys have helped countless of clients enforce their orders and even those who required defense against false accusations in enforcement cases. Regardless of your situation, we possess the extensive knowledge of Texas family laws and court proceedings in order to obtain the outcome you desire and the justice you deserve.

Contact us and request an initial case evaluation today.

Contact The Law Office of Kathryn Marteeny

Put More Than Three Decades Of Experience To Work For You